Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Lolita 52 Challenge / day 15 / 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita

Get your staples right!

Invest in good neutral blouses and socks. Get yourself a sturdy pair of black mary janes and also please invest in outwear…This blog post from fyeahlolita is great and I still refence it today!

Focus on versatility in your wardrobe

This kinda ties back to the previous point, you need to stack up on accessories and cutsews, I’m paying for my mistake today trying to catch up on all the basic stuff I'm missing…Why do I not have a pink kc..? huh??

Don’t let your height discourage you from wearing lolita

Thankfully I’ve never given up even after spending countless hours worrying about the fit of the clothes. I knew the knee rule was a thing of the past (and even just by looking at old street snaps you’d realize how bogus that made up rule in the west was) but when I got into lolita, this discourse was running rampant on TikTok and it really took a hit on me. Today I am proud to be a confident tallita and I want to keep inspiring those around me to wear lolita too no matter how tall they are! (I'm 183cm~)

No comments:

Post a Comment