Tuesday, 24 March 2026

Library miss / Gothic & Lolita

I had some books I needed to return so I went to the library today but it was unexpectedly closed. My fault for not cheking the website but how many people expect the city library to be closed at 16h on a monday?

I got all dressed up, I just wore a simple coord but today the weather was warm enough to not wear a coat I'm super happy! I still stacked some layers tho, underneath my cardigan and turtle neck I had a long sleeve shirt.

I was planning on sitting down and going through some pages with Kaiji before actually returning the books and going back home. I haven't had a library date with him in a while, I was really looking foward to this!

It's okay, I don't want today to feel like a waste, I still got to return all my books on time like I originally planned. There was a letterbox type of opening on the library's outside wall with a conveyor belt inside (I think about Let's Game It Out everytime I say that word haha)


Picture of when I was reading these
with Kaiji! I was feeling depressed so
I got dressed and went to the library.
I spend about 5 hours flipping through
everything. I felt much better afterwards <3
I have the receipt with me so I'll list out every book I borrowed. 

  • Kera 
  • Ranzuki
  • Gothic & Lolita
  • GLB vol.1 (eng)
  • GLB wedding issue (eng)
  • Cosplay Fever
  • Cosplay Fever Red

These are pretty much all the J-fashion books currently avaible in the city library (+2 cosplay picture books, similar to the Gothic & Lolita one). I try to go in every now and then to check if theres anything new! That list is pretty much my 'go-to'. I look at these books over and over again untill I'vc read everything and also because I really like them!


I'll be going through some of my favorite EGL looks from my favorite picture book Gothic & Lolita (Phaidon, 2007). All images are from the Internet Archive!

I really like the black x white look. Latetly I noticed I've really been into all black dresses that have some small white detailing (like lace or appliqué) and of coure black x white striped socks!

This coord reminds of the items I still have in my superbuy warehouse, I'm super excited... black and white sweet lolita is just so beautiful and practical for a lifestyler too! Plus, finally acquiring bxw striped socks feels like I've ascended to a new lolita level! Wahhh I'm so happy!!!

Pretty much the same points as the previous one apply here...I love black and white sweet lolita! I also really like her shoes, heels in general in lolita fashion are so elegant~ 

I'm also obsessed with her pose!! This is so tea omg... I need to practice my posing too, untill it all becomes muscle memory

I was looking for this blouse for a while, I really like the hole design on the sleeves (does it have a name?) An irl lolita friend helped me find it, it's a Waist Shirring Blouse from BABY

I really like the answers Kuta put down.

Point of fashion: Spring feeling

I'm also super excited about spring! Summer is slowly approaching and I'm so ready to have fun and play with my friends everyday ahh~

Current obsession: you!

I was giggling so much when I read this the first time! And even reading it again just now, that made me shy.

Kuta looks so cute and happy with her coord and that warms my heart. Also the poodles on her socks! You know how much I love poodles

Same as the first two... I promise I'll look for other types of coords too hahahah. Black and white sweet lolita is my current obsession, looking at it makes me so unbelievably happy and I can't wait to have these clothes on me too!!

I bought a KC similar to the one Miyo is wearing. Next I'd like to get a pair of round toed mary janes too. I believe they're a staple in a lolita wardrobe!

I like the curles in her hair <3

I don't think I've ever paid enough attention to this coord, it's super cute! I like the pink x black color scheme with the little tiara, I should get one too! Everyday I deserve to be a princess~

I'm assuming the cardigan and dress skirt are ETC? Or a sister brand...Turns out it's the Story Book Skirt from Shirley Temple, and the cardigan seems to be ST too, I love that so much! I'd like to recreate this coord on day (◕‿◕)

Current obsession: blogging

Hihi thats what I'm doing right now. It's my first time, I'm enjoying it a lot and can't wait to write more~


I've seen this image on pinterest so many times and I love it every single time. This is the type of room I want to have, each corner so full of dresses I'll have to sleep on the floor!

Saya's coord is just perfect! From the dress to the blouse and hair...and the poodle is the cherry on top!

I love the crown with the little flowers on her head! I'm also looking into buying a crown, specifinally the one from Spica but the dainty style is super cute too! I want them all! Crowns need to be brought back in lolita fashion pleaseee!!

I'd like to mention how cute her room is...I really like this type of coord with the white blouse, blue/sax dress and bxw striped socks. I wanna try sax one day, I hope it'll fit me too!



Pop appreciation!!!
This was a really fun experience. I'm extremly grateful for these high quality, professional scans! It allows me to see each image clearly and appreciate all the smaller details. 

As much as I love the physical book, it's hard to see/read things sometimes...I'd still like to own it one day, just holding it in my hands and carrying it around with me makes me really happy! I really like showing the pictures to other people.

It's currently 4.15h... Goodnight now!


No comments:

Post a Comment