Although we're already approaching the end of march, I still wanna make this list to remind myself of the things I though about earlier this year
(time always moves so fast it's scaring me...but tampere kuplii is this weekend so I can't complaing too much!!)
Unfortunately nobody lies to me more than myself, and combined with how forgetful I am...I often end up doing the opposite of what I planned, but I'll try to be stritcter!
1. I want to invest in more accessories
I was struggling with this a bit, trying to define what's an acessory in the EGL context. I went on Lolibrary and found some relevant cathegories;
Jewelry
I own exactly one ring, it's a red hello kitty bow that came as a freebie with one of my Taobao orders. I had to get over my fear of wearing rings to put it on but I really like it, fits in perfectly with the red in my lolita wardobe
I don't have any necklaces, I'm personally not always a fan of them in lolita fashion (unless you're going ott) I think it sometimes clashes with the design of the dress underneat and doesn't have it's own place to shine, there are exceptions of course! I'd happily wear one if I have on a coord with my blouse on top
I haven't worn earrings in a very very long time, I haven't even thought about them in a while either...
Outside of my selfship bracelets, I don't own any other. There's a lot of cute options out there, I'll try to pay more attention to these things, especially if I see one that I think would fit my wardrobe well~
I'll try to collect accessories overtime but they're not at the top of my priority list
Hair accessories
I really don't have enough of them...I don't even own a headdress. I really like things that cover my head like KCs. I'd like to buy more headbows in different colors (specifically a pink one from BABY)
![]() |
| love at first sight... |
I've never tried on a beret before but I think it would fit me. Some little bows and barrettes would be cute too. I also wanna buy more "items" like the teacup I have, if they fit my wardrobe
Accessories
Looking at the other accessories on Lolibrary, I can see gloves and chokers, none of those are items I would wear but I own a lot of brooches, they're all freebies from the same taobao brand ζδΉζζ. I wear them occasionally with a few dresses but I can imagine some cute small ones would look really good on a cardigan, same with a corsage
I own one pair of wrist cuffs and they're the scratchiest thing EVER. Literal torture devices
One day I'd love to have the opportunity to wear a mini tie with a coord! Right now I'm picturing a black spica crown with a white blouse, black tie and skirt, bxw striped socks, black round toed mary janes and a black bag...I need that so bad. I'll make it real!! #trust
BABY mufflers are so cute but I can't wear them due to sensory issues, I don't want anything on my neck. Even when I wear a scarf it goes around my head but a cardigan with a fur collar would be really nice!! I love the ones from ETC
Bags, shoes and socks
Right now I'm happy with my brown handbag and totebags but in the future I wanna collect cute bags from Shirley Temple! And also own an Usakumya or Kumamumya pochette/rucksack of course, but right now if I had to priotitize something, it would be to get a phone pouch version!
In my current shoes rotation I have a pair of pink tea parties from Antaina, white Bodyline rocking horse shoes I bought from Taobao (low ver.) and black boots from ONLY
Next I really wanna buy a pair of black round toed mary janes, they would go well with everything in my wardrobe, also cute boots that are water resistant for winter times and rainy days. I'll probably order both from Antaina again!
![]() |
| Sweet Engineer Boots |
Something similar to the Sweet Decoration Boots design from Angelic Pretty would be SO cute but I'm afraid of snow getting in from the opening on the front then melting inside my boots...
Another option would be the Sweet Engineer Boots design also from Angelic Pretty...Why not both? HEHE. Hopefully I can get them fleece lined
With socks I'm trying to collect some basics, right now I have 2 pairs of OTKs (one white and one red that's a matching set with my DessertLake poodle dress) +bxw striped socks and white socks with pink ribbon details that are currently in my superbuy warehouse. I wanna buy black socks with white lace and maybe all black socks too. I should buy some thigh high socks/tights as well, especially if I see cute designs!
With all that said, accessories can be so creative and so diverse, there's probably more out there I didn't even know existed. May they find me so we can build awesome coords together! (◕‿◕)♡
2. I desperarly need more outwear!!
For really cold winter times, I don't mind wearing my black puffer jacket, it keeps me warm and that's enough for now, but I need clothes for those "in between" weathers. Sometimes the jacket is just too much and I need something lighter
I was thinking a simple and cute short coat. I remember I was looking for one last year before wintertime approached but I was stuggling a lot to find one that fit all my criteria
My ideal sleeve lenght is 60cm and I'm hoping to stay within that range. I think it looks too awkward when the sleeves are too short and expose your wrists. Ideally made of wool and must have a cinched waist. Something like the Jessie Short Coat. If I find a design I like, I'd like to purchase it in pink first, then white and probably black at some point!
![]() |
| Fur Triimed Coat with Cape (2005) |
I think I have a mutual who owns this exact one? She looks so graceful every single time!
[storytime]
I saw this new store on xhs who designed a really cute coat that matched all my criteria except for the sleeve lenght but the owner was kind enough to make a custom order for me! At the time, samples of the coat were still being made and the design received slight adjustmentts based on people's optinions.
The owner was really kind and responsive but one day she just dissapeared? All updates stopped, no payments were ever made so at least no one got scammed but I find the situation unfortunate, I hope she's doing all right..
3. I'd like to start buying skirts
This is a tricky subject for me because as a tall girl, a lot of issues follow me in lolita fashion. I avoided skirts for a long time but they're so cute and much more affordable! There are two things I'm mainly worried about
The length of the skirt
Today (24.03) I went out wearing my Cookie Pop JSK with a blouse on top so it looked like a skirt. The dress was already short on me, which bothers me a lot but as a skirt, the length maybe wasn't so bad. I'm assuming the result would hopefully be the same with actual skirts and maybe it's something I could get used to but I'm still a little worried
For some reason, when skirts/dresses are short on other lolitas I really don't care, but when it's me I see it as such a big issue...I'm trying to unlearn that thinking and accept the fact that clothes will look different on me and that it's okay
I think I just don't like the fact that you can see my bare skin, so I should try to minimize that exposure with longer socks and peeking bloomers
Are blouses long enough?
Right now I own 4 blouses + 1 turtleneck and only 2 of them cover my belly button; my Back Pintuck Blouse from BABY and turtleneck, therefore I could wear them with a skirt. I'd like to own more long tops and have more diversity like cardigans and full shirring cutsews specifically, but I'm worried it might be a challenge
My ideal length based on the BABY blouse is 58cm. I especially like that it follows and sits on my natural waist. If I were to buy a blouse that's too short, that means I have to wear my skirt higher
Not only will the skirts look shorter than it already is, but higher waistline will completly throw off my proportions and make the whole coord just look awkward on me...
TL;DR
I should focus on buying more of the smaller things and not always just main pieces!








No comments:
Post a Comment