This is very
hard for me. I’m not familiar with any lolita movies aside from Kamikaze Girls of
course (highly recommend reading the book too) and the short film Mister Rococo
I started Peep “TV” Show a few weeks ago but never finished it oops…I went to
see online what other lolita movies there are and found this Letterboxd list.
Some movies on there are more or less convincing
I'm picking 2 titles I haven’t
seen but seem interesting in order to complete my list. I should try to make it my objective to finish every movie on this list
Images and descriptions copied from Letterboxd
Kamikaze Girls (2004)
The extraordinary adventures of a Lolita-look aficionado and a tough biker gang chick.
Momoko, a strange and seemingly emotionless girl obsessed with 18th century France, befriends a Yanki biker and the two experience the ups and downs of their unusual lives in a rural Japanese town.
A romantic comedy about a girl who gets over her lost love in her way.
Peep "TV" Show (2004)
As the first anniversary of the September 11 attacks approaches, peeptvshow.net begins broadcasting hidden camera footage of women and couples in their apartments at night. An aimless teenage girl comes across the site’s admin in Shibuya.
Happiness (2024)
Yukio Kunikida and Yuma Yamagishi are high school students and they are dating with each other. On an ordinary day, Yuma tells Yukio that “I’m going to die in a week.” She knows that her illness has progressed and has accepted the fact that her days are numbered. She wants to live the rest of her days being true to herself. Yukio finds it difficult to accept that Yuma has just a short time left to live, but he occupies himself fulfilling her wishes.
Wonderful World End (2014)
Shiori’s blog attracts the attention of Ayumi, a timid 13-year-old girl. Ayumi’s growing infatuation takes an unforeseen turn when she runs away from home and infiltrates Shiori’s life.
No comments:
Post a Comment