Monday, 27 July 2026

Lolita 52 Challenge / day 7 / Why I wear lolita?

To be honest, when I first got into lolita it was out of boredom. I’ve been wanting to do something different with my appearance, so I went on tiktok and looked at different j-fashion styles. I had heard about lolita before, but I didn’t know anything about it except that the name had nothing to do with the book, so I decided to learn more about it and that’s how I started to fall in love with lolita fashion

Of course I really liked it’s appearance too, but I especially loved the message, the intention and the values behind this fashion. I spend a lot of time reading essays and any other projects (?) related to lolita fashion written by other people. It’s around that time I discovered Novala Takemoto and he’s been holding an important part in my heart and lolita journey since then

Today I’d like to say I wear lolita fashion because not only is it beautiful, it bring me a lot of joy. In fact it makes me the happiest in the world. I love the strong sense of community, and I love the shared love we all have for these clothes with people today and also those in the past. I personally don’t wear it as a sign of rebellion, but I recognize those who did, and I respect them a lot, I’d like to carry their honor and keep being myself no matter what. And especially as a sweet old schooler I love how daily-like the coords look and I want to achieve that too as a lifestyler

I love how community driven this subculture is

I love the way lolitas strive to preserve and document the subculture

I love the infinite amount of ways you can style a coord

I love the euphoria when you see your coord in a reflection

I love the ability to shop for clothes that are over 15 or even 20 years old

I love planning different coords in my head

I love the way lolita makes me feels cute, makes me feel pretty and I’d like to continue wearing this fashion everyday

Lolita makes me so happy

No comments:

Post a Comment