Friday, 7 August 2026

Lolita 52 Challenge / day 18 / Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love

Like I’ve mentioned in day 11, I don’t think I’ve been in the lolita fashion community long enough to be familiar with any trends, so I’ll answer this question in my own way. I wanna add some aspects of lolita fashion I used to dislike before/never thought I’d get into but love today!


I’d never though I’d (get to) wear skirts!

Partially because I’m tall, I was too worried about the struggle of finding a blouse long enough to cover my stomach and a skirt that would fit me the way I want. Today I can confidently say it is possible for me too! The other reason I was reluctant to wear skirts was because I was too afraid of looking boring, I relied a lot on my JSK to carry the coord but again, today I can confidently say that coording skirts is very fun too! I will keep learning and evolving

I used to find Rocking Horse Shoes ugly

This is a secret…that’s how I used to feel at the very beginning of my lolita fashion journey…LOL Honestly how could I think such a thing??? Today they’re my favorite pair of lolita shoes ever, La Vie en Rose RHS from Bodyline to be specific! I currently own a white pair that’s beat up from daily use (sign of love), I’d like to buy them in pink and black next. I wanna try a ballerina lace up version too but I’m afraid the lacing might constantly fall off and be annoying to deal with

I didn’t think I’d be into Metamorphose

I have no idea why, but when I got into lolita I thought meta was a gothic brand like Moitié, and later looking at their new releases I saw that it was a more classic type of brand but then I discovered their old releases…This shift happened when I bought my first ever meta item in mid-June, the Short Sleeve School Blouse from 2007. I first got hyperfixated on Meta’s blouses from that year, I soon started looking at mainpieces too and a whole new world opened up to me. My wishlist is full of old school Metamorphose it’s just the most perfect thing ever..!


No comments:

Post a Comment